Etharia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy Kingdom of Isatosha Great Medietas Exploration

2 posters

Go down

Holy Kingdom of Isatosha Great Medietas Exploration Empty Holy Kingdom of Isatosha Great Medietas Exploration

Post by Isatosha/Xrizantema Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:55 pm

Holy Kingdom of Isatosha Great Medietas Exploration 1715fleet
Junior Admiral Ekard Zeppelli
Triburile Unificate, Marina unificată, Flota a 2-a a Exploratorilor
August 20, 1832
Mission: Expedition to explore lands for unchartered lands in the Medietas Ocean
My dearest Catiline,

Oh how I miss you and dear Petro. We have long departed to explore seas, to find lands unknown.
Thy Heavenly Father hath guided our paths when our stargazer struggled, His angels battled collapsing walls of water,
and His words gave me and my men morale when we couldn't dig deep inside our own hearts.
Under God's grace, we have arrived at journey's end, only to deal with the perils that we eagerly await.
As our order comes from the King, we must obey or face punishment for cowardice, and cowards we are not.

Thusfar, our camps have been built, and we will prepare for our mission.
Please send many prayers to the Holy Trinity that we may succeed.
I hope to return to you and our son my love,

May we meet again.

---
Holy Kingdom of Isatosha Great Medietas Exploration 48765608434674388

Kepala Wong Rawa
Srengenge Kali Sederek, Hutan Laut(Southern Half Island)
August 22, 1832
Mission: Send scouts, have them report back.

By the Gusti Entheng! Our scouts hath returned! They report that red people with big rafts encircle the land's end! Outsiders are not to be trifled with! Tales of old say outsiders are a cursed breed...
All tribes fear the outside, and rightfully so.
That must mean that we go to them and them not know.
Find more about them.
My kin need to ready for war!
But we may not strike first, least the Dewa Peteng takes away Gusti Entheng's blessings...

Kartika
Srengenge Kali Sederek, Hutan Laut(Southern Half Island)
August 23, 1832

The elder prepared the Suku Sun Sun tribe for conflict with the ones that stepped into their territory in an act of self-preservation, albeit preemptively striking. He gathered about 40 of his best men for his first echelon, while 240 brought up as the second. There were more on standby should the need arised. The women and children say farewell to their men, thinking they may not come back, but wishing them a safe journey to Surga Luarshould(Outer Paradise) should they fall in battle.

"Father, I must go with them! We should understand them before we attack!"

Kartika, daughter of the elder chief, 11th oldest out of 15 children.

"You haven't grown enough yet, and you should tend to the wounded and those who bear children. I will not hear any more of this!"

"Yes father..."

The journey will begin, but going against her father's wishes, she will disguise herself as a man and join on their quest. In the morning, she lumps herself in with the second echelon, thinking that because of their bigger numbers, they would have a harder time recognizing her. Unfortunately for Kartika, her disguise was poor, and she had to do whatever it took to not draw too much attention to herself. She wanted to deviate from the group before roll call and distract one of the tribesmen so she can wonder off to these mysterious red travelers.
---
Junior Admiral Ekard Zeppelli
Triburile Unificate, Marina unificată, Flota a 2-a a Exploratorilor
August 24, 1832

"By God, what beautiful yet perilous lands we have thus found. Some men have had suffered from the heat, and some from illness. The clouds are no where to be seen. The sun constantly burning us in an invisible inferno. Yet the foliage and fauna are like none I have seen before. The sweet sickening beckoning of this land forces me and my entourage to proceed forward. The nurses are burdened with the bed ridden, those who hath not the will to continue.
With that being said, we have many, we will not fail, we have supplies.
We will have our couriers relay all information back to the crown should anything disastrous arises.
Our mission is to explore and learn, not to force those to forfeit their lands, as our origins are those of people with no home.
Perhaps we shall gain local companions from this experience, though we must always keep our muskets and blades on the ready and not yield to those who threaten us."

---
Kartika
Wilayah Rampung Ngatasi Ashen, Hutan Laut(Southern Half Island)
August 25, 1832

Kartika appeared in the third column, wearing an abnormal amount of garb. The tribal warriors pause to give strange glances. She responds in the most huskiest voice she could muster. This makes the warrior think that she is a small framed teenage boy. But deep inside, she knew the ruse would be up eventually. She had to depart soon to find the coastline. The trackers would be something that may concern her, but can be her greatest asset. She could lead them to where the Red Travelers are, but they cannot go too far outside a search radius. The high tribal begins to feel trepidation over potentially being the catalyst for a new conflict when she wanted to create peace. Both outcomes are however, ignited by risk. She has a 50/50 chance. Kartika waited until the first rollcall was to begin an hour after halting from the many hours of going through thick wilderness. It was evening, she had the necessary supplies needed within her cloak to make it to the coastline. She had to be prepared to fallback depending on observing their behavior.
It was time to take action, she had to get a head start, otherwise she will not be able to go very far, being weighed down and more fatigued than the tribal men. As she went more than two kilometers, she began to hear noises, and those noises came from human beings.
Call out to us! Return!"

She knew she would have trouble. They were a few meters away, and it wasn't dark enough to conceal her location for long. Kartika feeling impatient, makes a run for it, almost immediately regretting it.

"STOP AT ONCE!!!"

She kept running and running, then suddenly she lost her footing in a ditch and half of her supplies and garb were torn away from her. As she was trying to regain her balance, the tribesmen were only a few meters away, she knew she couldn't outrun them for long. She then saw branches from a fallen palm tree and foliage that she could hide in.
A new noise was near her.

"Have they found me?"

It was a rather peculiar noise, one not of voice, or footsteps, but one that was constant.
Like that of a stream.
Which it was a stream of yellow coming from a man clad in strange red clothing.

(Gasp)

The strange man approached the noise and found her, he had a expression of surprise, confusion, and potentially malicious curiosity.
He approached her, towering over her and invading her space.

"Medialtos dicere potes?"

"I don't understand..."

As he inched closer, 5 tribesmen tackled him and a sixth one picked up Kartika.

"You are the elder's daughter! You are not supposed to be here!"

As the squad leader of the tribe ordered to take the Red Traveller a prisoner, a bunch of footsteps approach. Thirteen men with muskets appeared with them drawn on the altercation unfolding in-front of them.

"VOI TOTI! NU MUTĂ!"

Kartika watched the scene unfold in front of her. Her thoughts rapid and unyielding to the chaotic situation.

"What have I done? Am I at fault for this?"

The Red Travelers point the barrels of their muskets towards the natives who have one of their own in a chokehold.

They began yelling at each other, the language barrier only igniting the situation more. More tribals, more Red Travelers. The ensemble of misery continues. Skirmishes seem inevitable.
Just as the elder's younger daughter almost seemed forgotten in the situation, a tribal approaches her.

"Esteemed Kartika, 11th child of Kepala Wong Rawa you must immediately return at once."

"I refuse! Will you have to attack me to return me to my home?"

This gave pause to the mid level tribal warrior, who yielded to her demands temporarily.

Just as the situation seemed to tense up, all the red soldiers focused their attention to a figure that wore a similar uniform to them. He approaches to the crossroads of history on a broken tree ay the edge of the jungle.

"Can anybody in your tribe speak Medioslovic?"
"你能明白嗎?"
"Skilur þú?"

All of the tribals couldn't fully process the lexicon that this assumed leader is saying, but they could understand by his body language that he wants to talk.
This gives all the chance for Kartika to use this opportunity to learn.
---
The Junior Admiral sized up, without words, everyone understood that he was looking for the tribal leader, or a representative at the very least.

"Hmm, we have to figure out how to communicate with these people.
They don't speak Hvidovian, or any Eporian languages. Not even Michise."

Shouts keep coming from the tribe, almost as if they were descending into chaos.

"Ayo bunuh penjajah ini!"

"Kekayaan apa yang mungkin mereka miliki!"

Then someone darted across to their side. Was this an attack?
Suddenly, the figure fell.
Smaller stature than the big shirtless men that accompanied these indigenous warriors.
This was a teenage girl.

"Eh, baiklah, hai?"

Nobody understood each other, equally, in understanding verbally or action.

"Apa arti Kartika ini? Putri Penatua!"

The man appeared angry, but fearful at what just occured. Was this his wife? Marital trouble? Judging by the other looks of the tribals, they seemed to have grown pale. This was someone more important than a marital squabble.

"There must be a reason she ran all the way across here. Does she seek liberation? Hmm..."

Thinking for a minute on what to order his men, impatient, some trigger happy, and some apprehensive.

She spoke again. Using body language and her voice to convey something.

"Baik orang-orang di tanah dan orang-orang di luar, tolong hentikan masalah ini."

She seemed to talk to both his Expedionaries and these tribals.
Ekard began to understand she wants them to communicate. She placed herself on his side to trade for his captured soldier. This was risky and borderline foolish behavior if they were power hungry conquerors.
They were explorers, granted, they were military in nature, but they were looking for land and learning. Maybe making new allies. Not taking land from natives.
He had to figure out a way to help defuse the situation, he had the most authority and power.

Wilayah Rampung Ngatasi Ashen, Hutan Laut(Southern Half Island)
August 26-29, 1832
A day later, the Expeditionaries and the Suku Sun Sun had a stand off.
Kartika's fear turned to curiosity towards these aliens from another land. She becoming a willing captive, wanting to learn more about these people.

Over a period of a few days, Kartika was able to learn a few words. Ironically, she was the most calm than anyone else in this situation.
She even had a friendship with Junior Admiral Ekard Zepelli.
They played Mahjong together, the officer appreciated games sent from his cousin who married into the Zhi Dynasty in Michu.
They have played 8 times, and she just had her second victory.
Much to the chagrin of the man who taught her how to play.
There was a commotion going on over yonder into the woods.
"We, look, now", the man stuttered, but was able to speak some words of her native language.
"Eu merg. Lor", she responding in his language.
While there was a stalemate and a stand off with both sides having a hostage, her father, Wong Rawa much to Kartika's surprise shows up.
But before anyone could exchange words, spears were thrown at both sides. It was another tribe, the Rimbi Ashen. Both sides made an incursion into another tribe's territory and hunting grounds.

""Mudhun! Sampeyan wis mlebu ing tanah suci kita!"

Knowing that both sides shown restraint to each other and were willing to make a deal, both reluctantly teamed up against the other tribe.
Casualties were mounting, on both sides.
However, the Expeditionaries with their firearms and cannons started to overwhelm the incoming tribes.
The Suku Sun Sun was impressed by the power that these Isatoshians had.
Not only that, but the chief saw how they fought and sacrificed themselves to protect his daughter, even though they were enemies willing to potentially kill them earlier.
After the battle was over and the Rambi Ashen retreated, Kartika forced both Admiral Ekard Zepelli and her father Kepala Wong Rawa to shake hands and touch their own chests, a customary greeting and sign of mutual cooperation.
They would need cooperation now more than ever since both sides involved a third party into a war.
This began the start of events that led the nation of Dago Borjida to becoming part of the Isatosha Confederacy.

Epilogue

Back when Kartika took the actions she took, people dubbed her "foolhardy" and "reckless". She is also criticized by many current university academics of Dago Borjida dragging many lives into war and bringing some tribes like the Rambi Ashen to near extinction, but praised by the populous for bringing the island to prosperity.
In 1850, when her dad passed away, she became the new leader of the Suku Sun Sun tribe. Isatosha built infrastructure and bases along the land, allowing them to catch up technologically.
In 1862, 30 years after the expedition, all tribes were united under the Isatosha Confederacy, still maintaining their state status and autonomy through many years of peace negotiations.
Junior Admiral Ekerd Zepelli was punished for his actions of the mission as he turned it into an armed conflict. His comrades advocated for him till the very end, until he was executed by firing squad in 1846. Many had mixed feelings about this in the Kingdom and didn't want his efforts to go in vain.
Today, the island has a population of 20,000,000 and produces many internationally sold products around Etheria such as clothing, iron, rare earth minerals and has many modern amenities there. While they face issues such as crime, environmental disasters, and some issues with education, the Suku Sun Sun people have had the same will their ancestors, and especially, the controversial Kartika, gave to them.
Isatosha/Xrizantema
Isatosha/Xrizantema

Back to top Go down

Holy Kingdom of Isatosha Great Medietas Exploration Empty To Die is to live

Post by Thenagach Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:09 am

Admiral Hewaard of Thenagach, anchored off Dago Borjida, Medietas Ocean

"To shore, milads, claim for our Great nation this island, that we may show those who doubt us the power of freedom."

Down drops the boats. Shoreward row. "Plant your flag, boys. the time for action has come"

Takes he then a knee a his head bow, "Lord, For you have brought us safely here, we honor thee, and call thy blessing upon this land, that we may rule in peace over it."

And camped they there for a night, and a ship sent home with message of their safe landing: "The ship has landed, the island claimed."

Took they then their muskets and axes, and walks into the wood. The taste of fear burns bitter on the tongue.

Up! Jumps up a man before them, red as a sunset, and swings his club at the head. Down drops the man and up swings the muskets of the others!

Blast! Down falls he. death comes to all, later or sooner. And death comes to some sooner.

One by one, down fall the soldiers. Their helmets tumble off. Their backs filled with poisoned darts.

Death overtakes, the life tumbles forth and trips o'er a roadblock insurmountable. Time waits for no man, nor does death.

The words slip forth from the dying lips of their leader, "Lord, take me home. Love this land."

To die is to live, and lives of they who walk blindly into danger are remembered all the more. Those who trust blindly to the whims of others take a chance of life or death, and death comes swiftly...

To Be Continued...

Thenagach

Back to top Go down