Etharia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accounts and Interactions of the Moran House

Go down

Accounts and Interactions of the Moran House Empty Accounts and Interactions of the Moran House

Post by Noremacia Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:28 am

The subsequent RP's involve Interactions undertaken by members of the Moran House in present day, recounting their events and interactions with various characters at specific points in time.

Accounts and Interactions of the Moran House Untitl10

These are their tales.
Noremacia
Noremacia

Back to top Go down

Accounts and Interactions of the Moran House Empty When Saráh met Is

Post by Noremacia Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:23 am

12th of March, 2022
15:12
On the Torisuan/Alconese border

Sarah sat on the south bank of the Ames River, just before it runs into lake Rán. She sipped on a traditional Torusian peppermint tea, sitting on a collapsible chair at a collapsible table. She was accompanied by two royal guards from some distance. She turned to the canvas she had been working on previously and squeezed out some “Tak” brand Azure Blue paint onto a palette and continued to add depth to the colours of the river is it ran past her in her view. It was a cool late winters day, and the chill of winter had mostly left the country, at least here in the south.

Her phone buzzed. She put the palette on the table and tilted her head looking at the canvas and then back to the water. She thought to herself. It’s coming along nicely. She reached over to her mobile that was sitting on the table beside the teapot. It was a notification from an application she designed herself to track anomalies and odd occurrences in local news and police reports from all over Noremacia. This one was from Athena. The app used AI to summaries these anomalies in simple notifications. This one read “Ghost seen walking the suburban streets of Athena’s South side.”

She tapped the fingerprint and her phone unlocked to reveal more details. “Four ladies in a supermarket today claim to have seen items fall off a shelf only to land 20cm above the ground and return to the shelf.” Sarah giggled to herself. Most of these stories were generally the wild imaginations of one or two conspiracy nuts. Although the fact that four apparently unconnected people corroborated on the story and it was in fact intriguing to say the least, Sarah dismissed it as a silly joke or coincidence and put her phone done, returning to her painting. She just had to get the colour of the water quite right and she would be finally done. She enjoyed her peaceful time away from her political duties where she could express herself and be one with nature and brush.

18th of April, 2022
03:36
Sarah's Room, The Noremacian High Imperial Palace Complex

Sarah couldn’t sleep. An early springtime storm ravaged the east coast and it rattled tree branches against her bedroom window in the palace complex in Darium, Noremacia City. Another crack of thunder had her cling tightly to her childhood plush “Wolfie”. Once it passed and she released her grip, somewhat embarrassed at herself for the act. She wandered why still kept the thing around on her bed, before sighing and looking at Wolfie. “I could never get rid of you” she whispered. Her phone buzzed and she jumped a little. She picked it off the bedside. The time read 3:36am. Under that a notification from her app which she had recently nicknamed “Witch Watch”, after tracking some recent events in Northern Ruotsa about a supposed witch in the forest there that had been turning people into clouds and bees. More examples of people’s nonsense.

This one read “Feet moving on their own”. She sat up and opened the app with a smirk and a frown simultaneously. Again, in the north side of Athena, “Disembodied woman’s shoes seen walking down the street. When passer-by goes to check them out, they promptly vanish like magic.”.

“Huh.” She said aloud. She turned to Wolfie. “Quite intriguing indeed.” She looked at Wolfie’s sown on eyes, and he glanced back at her. She thought, God and I still talk to you too, staring into wolfie's button eyes. She shut her phone off and pulled the sheet over her face as more thunder crackled. She reached up and pulled Wolfie under with her.

26th of April, 2022
14:01
A mini-market in the suburbs north of Dara, North Ruotsa

Sarah looked down at the paper map and then back at the neon supermarket sign that fluttered, surging with electricity. Yep, this was the place. She folded the map back up and slipped the backpack off her shoulder, unzipping it and placing the map inside. She was alone, and it was a quiet Thursday afternoon. She replaced the backpack to her shoulder and stepped forward, allowing the automatic doors to open. The sensor buzzed “ding-dong” as she entered and one of the cashiers gave her a glace of acknowledgement. She set off down the first isle.

Sarah had been intrigued with the accounts of the area, with the women siting a ghost and feet walking on their own and then vanishing, and then last week, at the same supermarket, her app notified her that a woman was seen with uncanny likeness to the KPPR princesses. That was why she was there. She had been convinced something out of the ordinary was happening here, and now even more intrigued. The woman’s face was only seen on CCTV once, and when questioned, she denied to even speaking any Noremacian before running out of the store without purchasing anything.

As Sarah reached the end of the aisle, she noticed a man stocking some toilet paper. She approached him. “Excuse me sir?” she questioned. He turned to her and frowned a little.

“Do I know you?”

Sarah replied, “Oh I hardly think so," hiding her face a little with her cap. “Could I speak to the manager please?” the man hesitated for a second before shrugging his shoulders.

“Sure.” He replied, begrudgingly, before leaving through a door in the back that read ‘STAFF ONLY’.

A few moments later he returned with another man, slightly shorter, in tow. “You ask for me?” he spat grumpily at Sarah.

She replied shyly “yes, I was wandering if I could see your CCTV from the night of April 18th.” The manager rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

“Oh, you’re just another one of those conspiracy nuts chasing a made up story. No, you cannot see the CCTV, only the police can see that and only with a warrant.” Sarah stayed silent. He continued “Like I told the rest of your Crazy nut friends, some ladies drank too much chardonnay at lunch before school pick up and now, we have a local crazy story. It’s bad for our image. What did you say your name was again?”

Sarah looked away a little and replied “Oh I didn’t. were you working that day?”

The manager started tapping his foot on the linoleum. “Yes of course I was, like every other god damn day. Now if you haven’t got anything important, I’m quite busy.”

Sarah hesitated again before replying “No, sorry to waste your time.” The first man glanced back at Sarah from the shelf he had continued to stock and frowned a little. The store manager turned and left grumbling under his breath, arms still folded.

As Sarah turned to leave the first man turned from the shelf he was stacking and shouted at Sarah “Hey! I do know you. You’re Sarah. Sarah Moran. Princess Sarah.” Sarah hurried a little more for the door, moving briskly down the aisle away from the man. Sarah was already out of sight by the time the man ran after her.

3rd of May, 2022
11:58
Outside the NIA HQ building in downtown Tyvern, Noremacia City

Sarah stepped out of the Jet Black Kuolematon Esitys GTS and onto the shady grey pavement of downtown Tyvern, outside the Noremacian Intelligence Agency (NIA) headquarters. As she walked towards the large, modern, glass skyscraper, she clutched a manilla folder, and two NIA bodyguards opened the large glass doors to reception. As she walked up to reception the receptionist blankly said “appointment?” without looking up from her computer. Sarah cleared her throat a little. The lady on the reception did a double take as she realised who was standing in front of her. “Your Highness…” she stood and bowed her head a little.

Sarah replied. “That’s quite alright.”

The receptionist returned to her seated position. She replied with “What can we do for you today your highness?”

“Now I was hoping to see the director.” Sarah continued.

After a brief moment the receptionist returned with “I’m sorry your highness, he is extremely busy today and is inundated with meetings…”

“I’m sure you can find 5 minutes to spare for me my dear?”

The receptionist seemed deep in thought. “Your highness, I’m afraid even for you it may not be possible…”

Sarah sighed, determined to make it through to see the director. “I’m sure you can, for me, find some spare time…”

After a moment of a troubled look from the receptionist she turned towards her monitor and typed something into it. After a second, she scrolled through the director’s schedule. “Your highness. If you were to be here in an hour, he would be arriving back from his meeting in Hviria and heading up to his office for an online meeting. You may be able to catch him in reception on his way, but you didn’t hear it from me your highness.”

Sarah smiled. “One hour. I can do that. Thank you my dear.” Sarah acknowledged, as she turned to a bodyguard of her own and nodded towards him. As a result, he pulled out a wad of cash and handed it to the receptionist as thanks for her information. Sarah stepped out and headed to the coffee shop over the road for a latte and to wait.

13:03

An hour later Sarah was back on the side of the road of the NIA HQ and stood in her overcoat and large sunglasses waiting. A black Terran sedan pull up and the Director, Amos Reilly, stepped out. Sarah clutched and folder and stepped towards him. Two bodyguards immediately stepped in her way before realising who she was and standing down. The director emerged from behind her and looked Sarah dead in the eyes before starting towards the front doors of the building. “Sarah Moran. To what do I owe the pleasure?” He said, clearly in a rush and not stopping to bow.

Sarah dismissed the transgression and hurried after him through the front doors. “Sir. I have been tracking an individual whom I believe has the ability to turn invisible and has close ties to Cariel of the KPPR.”

The director turned his head slightly and raised an eyebrow at Sarah before they reached the elevator. A bodyguard swiped a key card to call the elevator. “My dear this sounds like one hell of a conspiracy or misconstrued story.”

Sarah hesitated before exclaiming “Its not. I followed the story in Torusia and the reported sightings of strange occurrences keep happening, but the police are no help, its as if they are scared to talk about who the girl they saw was…”

“Girl you say?” the director queried as the elevator arrived. The two and four bodyguards (two each) stepped into the large elevator. The large bodyguards made the space almost cramped and a little awkward.

“Yes sir. She was described in a couple of instances as a veiled Hezranan, and someone reported seeing a silhouette with Cariel. I’m fairly sure-“

The director cut her off “Im fairly sure that you are chasing an omen. An old ghost seen by nutters. This is nothing. Stop wasting my time and more importantly your own your highness.” This was the first time the director had acknowledged Sarah’s superior rank in any form.

Frustrated Sarah pleaded “Please sir just take a look at what I have prepared?”. She handed the folder to the director as the doors opened on the top floor of the building.

“Okay for you your highness, I will take a look.” He stated begrudgingly as he stepped out of the elevator with his two bodyguards. He turned back to Sarah, still in the elevator and raised his eyebrows as he turned to walk down the hallway “It was a pleasure your highness.”

As the doors started closing Sarah felt like an ignored child and curtseyed somewhat “Thank you sir.” She exclaimed. Just before the elevator doors shut, through the last crack she could see the director toss the folder into a trash can in the hallway.

Sarah went from feeling innocent and ignored to frustrated and angry in seconds. As the elevator began to descend again, she tossed up giving up on the whole idea. She decided to wait a little. It was a big week of galas anyway and she had imperial duties to attend to. This might have to wait for now.

12th of May, 2022
02:42

As the door creeped opened light penetrated into the room, pushing the illumination far against the wall of the luxurious room. As Sarah entered and flipped the light switch on, she would see a maid passed out on her bed. A small angry exhale came from Sarah, in an annoyed tone of voice she would exclaim “Hey!” The maid remained unmoving, seeming to sleep unhindered. At this point of defiance Sarah would rapidly flip the light switch on and off, surely waking the maid. Her gamble paid off as the young and small framed maid began to grumble and move. Finally, she brought herself up, sitting with her legs cross crossed. The maid’s hair was exceedingly messy, her dark brown hair extending down to her shoulders, thin sheets of hair creating a veil over her eyes and half Herzanan face that was nearly as pale as snow. There were deep and dark bags underneath her eyes, clearly having needed the sleep, her dark brown eyes matching her black dress. The girl yawned for two seconds before laying her chin on something she cradled in her arms, a plush of a grey wolf, Sarah’s favourite plush when younger, Wolfie. The girl’s eyes narrowed on the Princess, somewhat annoyed herself but a bit of excitement. Near instantly after eye contact the girl would fall back onto the bed as she held Wolfie closer, saying in a rather sleepy tone “That seemed rather unnecessary, Sar’s.” *A tired smirk labelled itself across her face, as her eyes fluttered closed as she nuzzled back against the mattress, clearly trying to go back to sleep on the royal’s bed. It was clear who this girl was, at least to Sarah. After a month of sleep the subject of her curiosity was sitting right there in her bed, disguised as a maid. As the false maid’s back bounced against the bed her hair was pushed away further to reveal more of her face, confirming that Sarah was not just going crazy, this was her!

The maid’s shoeless feet were covered by the thin black silk of specialty made pantyhose that held no pattern or embodiment, her toes curled up as she pushed them into the warm comfort of Sarah’s blanket that was neatly folded at the foot of the bed. Subconsciously she turned onto her side, grabbing the blanket with her feet and pushing it up against and in between her thighs.  With the arm of the side, she laid on reaches up and lazily grabbed a pillow that she pushed underneath her ear. She incoherently mumbled something underneath her breath, her lips lightly popped against each other like a whisper as she tried to trail off back the sweet embrace of dream, or at least the best she could do with the bombardment of her eyes from the room’s chandler.

Sarah still stood on the doorway and let the door slowly swing closer behind her as she studied the figure on the bed. She reached for her phone in her pocket, ready to the guards. As she gripped her phone she paused. Tense, she let go of her phone and removed her hand from her pocket. The girl was clearly exhausted. She turned and switched off the light. Now with the door only slightly ajar, she turned to close it quietly.

After a second, letting her eyes adjust to the darkness, the only light now was the pale half-moon shining through the large glass window on the other end of the room. Sarah removed her shoes and felt the cold hardwood on her feet. She moved carefully towards the girl. She slept so quietly that no one would even notice her there. Sarah rounded the bedpost to the side that the girl was sleeping and got a better look at her face, which was still half veiled. It was hard to tell in the light, but this was definitely the girl she had been investigating. How she got into the room and past the guards was beyond her. Sarah looked at the plush clasped in her arms and watched the girl tighten her grip on it in her sleep, as if to cling on to some sense of calm and innocence she may have lost. Sarah moved around do the unoccupied side of the bed and placed her things on the bedside. As she went to check the time on her phone, the strong electronic blue light lit up her face. It was 2:48am.

Sarah had been out at a banquet and her very too felt the pull to sleep. Her mind however raced. How did this girl find her before she did? How did she know where to find me? What did she want? And most importantly. Who was she? Clearly Hezranan, but not Michise. Perhaps Khoskol or some region of eastern Trekkish. However, a thought crossed her mind. She bared a picture perfect resemblance to someone she knew but couldn’t quite put her finger on it. She turned from her seated position and lay down next to the girl, her hands behind her head. Deep in thought.

Sarah closed her eyes and thought. She had been following this girl for a while, fascinated by who she might be. She turned to her side and faced the girls back. She was small. Both in stature and weight. Even in the dark and under the clothing she looked thin. Almost malnourished. Sarah felt a pang of emotional pain. What had this girl been through. What had she seen? What had she had to do to survive? Sarah sat up and looked over the figure. She felt. Sorry. Sarah stood up and walked over to the closet. She cast a glance over at the girl to make sure she was still asleep and slipped off the dark blue gown she had been wearing that evening. As it fell to the floor she reached for her night gown, a small white silk, and slipped it over her head. The thin shoulder straps and length to only halfway down her thighs left her feeling a slight chill. It was May but the spring nights still had some bite to them this far north in the world. She returned to the unoccupied side of the bed. This time she lifted the sheets and slipped into the bed under the covers. As her head hit the pillow, she faced the back of the girl’s head. Sarah instinctually reached out and stroked the back of it. She slowly slipped the veil back onto the pillow revealing her dark hair. She brushed that off her back to reveal her pale cheek to the room. As Sarah tan the back of her fingers over the girls check and down to her neck, she felt warm compared to the dark cold room. The girl stirred a little and Sarah snapped her hand back. After a moment the girl was at peace in her sleep again. Sarah could feel her body warmth and slid closer to her. Sarah being quite tall der a girl easily encases the smaller girl’s body in hers. She slowly slipped a hard around the girl’s waist and felt Wolfie with her fingers. Sarah felt a resounding sense of peace in what was quickly becoming what Sarah recognised as a slightly odd situation to be in.

12th of May, 2022
07:33

Sarah stirred and blinked back to the land of the living. The girl was still asleep next to her. But now she faced her. Her face was pale and clearly Hezranan. She had definitely been the girl she was looking for, but how she managed to find Sarah first was a mystery. Sarah sat up and slowly got out of bed to not disturb the girl from her slumber. In the bizarre situation she was in she decided it best to call in sick for the day. She checked her phone. Already two missed calls from her brother. She decided to ignore them, very unlike her, and instead focus on the immediate mystery in her bed.

She walked over to the big glass door by the balcony and slipped behind the curtains, stepping outside quietly. She called her actual maids and ordered a traditional Noremacian Jaffa cake and Khoskol Tea to be brough to her room and left outside with strict instructions not to enter. She then proceeded to call her advisor and planner and call in sick for the day and say they it was just a mild head cold and a day in bed with the tea and cake would have her up and about by the next day.

When she stepped back inside the girl was still fast asleep in the same position. After a while a knock on the door let her know that the tea and cakes where there. Sarah brought them in, careful to make sure no one could see her, and brought them to the bedside where the girl lay. Wolfie had fallen onto the ground. She picked her up and dusted her off before sliding her into the bed in the arms of the girl.

Sarah walked over to the sofa on the other end of the room and sat down with her feet tucked up behind her. Still in her nightie, she picked up a book that had been sitting on the coffee table “Trial by Ice. The twin tales of Varmi and Haftstead.”. She wasn’t very far in yet.

It was only several hour later and near the end of her book that the girl began to stir.

12:02

It would only be at the wavering hour of mid-day that the girl would come from her slumber, having been the subject of tossing or turning for minutes on end before the current moment. Slowly but surely her eyes would flutter from open to close, contacting the streak of light that now poured into the room by the window, seeming the Impire’s sister seated. Her first fully conscious inhale through her nostrils sent the ever familiar smell of Khoslol tea and Noremacian cuisine to fester in her mind. She would close her eyes for a long second, taking in the serene nature of her surrounding before she raised herself from the bed, nearly on the other side from where she started. She would then bring herself to sit up and furiously rub the crust from her eyes. A light moan would come from the girl as she began to stretch her arms over her head one at a time before he eyes became transfixed on the royal, her mouth slightly ajar as she just sat there looking at Sarah for nearly a minute before snapping back to reality and escaping the bed towards as she rubbed her bruised neck with her left hand which held a white gold engagement ring.

Sarah heard the girl moan behind her and smiled. She had informed the council that she was feeling a little under the weather that morning and would not be able to attend. She informed them that she just needed some rest from the night previous. She had been sitting and surveying out the window since the sun rose. Now that she had had a chance to see the girls whole face in the light of day. It had at some point dawned on her that she had a familiar resemblance to both Cariel and Kariel of the khoskol royal family. She felt the presence of the girl approach her. She turned to face her, wholly face to face for what would be the first time. Sarah smiled softly. “You’re awake! My you must have been ever so tired honey.” Sarah glanced at the tea and cakes on the bedside. “I hope you don’t mind. I didn’t know what you liked or when you would be up so the tea is probably a little cool by now.”

The girl’s once neutral poker face was broken as her face was filled with blush as the soft smile. Upon such a challenge she lifted up a soft smile of her own, although it was notably awkward as she seemed to be caught off guard. This fact would only make itself more apparent as Sarah spoke and used such terms of endearment, such actions filled the girl’s face with the absolute red of a blush as her eyes darted down in embarrassment, her tone of voice would be tempered and meek, clearly overwhelmed she stammers out. “Th- that- that is . . .” She seemed to pause as she tried to grasp for words, only ending up to sheepishly say “thank you. . .” The girl awkwardly stood in position as her hands fiddled with each other, unsure if the kindness was genuine or if it was to make it easier to probe her with questions.

Sarah could sense her unease. “Oh, look at you.“ She stood and took a slow step towards the girl, being careful not to startle her. Sarah slowly circled the girl as she stood there, clearly cautious. She had noticed the bruises on her neck that she had seen overnight before the girl held a had there seeming to try and hide them. As Sarah came back to her front, she was closer now. Within a few feet. She looked down at the girl and held out an open hand as if to stroke her cheek, but she sensed some hesitation from the girl. “It’s okay. I’m not going to hurt you or let anyone know you’re here either. I just kind of want to know about you to be honest”. She let her hand fall by her side without touching the girl, afraid of triggering some kind of panicky response out of her. Instead, she went over to the bedside and picked up the silver tray with the tea and cakes and walked back over to the couch where she had waited this morning. She placed them on a small round side table and moved as far over to one side of her couch as she could “Come. Sit with me” she said kindly. The couch faced the window.

The girl would remain unmoving as her eyes on the ground would watch the shadows of the princess as she circled her, her blush only growing more as Sarah commented on the girl’s unease.

Upon the assurance that she was not to be hurt the girl would pipe up, her cheeks still flushed as she finally had some confidence. “I’m not scared!” She would say with a slightly elevated tone, although not that of anger, more so as someone attempting to save their dignity as to save a first impression. After a second the girl’s confidence would evaporate away as her eyes would dart off to look at the sky via the window, saying in a defensive tone. “Most first encounters aren’t this pleasant.”

With her blush being continued through Sarah’s command the girl would relent and step towards her, taking a set next to the Princess as she would place her hands on her lap, seeming to ponder on something as she stared in concentration at the plate, her read cheeks remaining.

Sarah glared at her. Intrigued. She looked away for a second thinking that maybe the girl had felt like she was being studied. And Sarah had to admit to herself thy she was. Sarah had been looking for her for over a month now. And now she was right in front of her. “I didn’t mean to offend you. I’m Sarah. But I suppose you already know that since you’re in my room.” Sarah looked back at her. And then to the bedside where Wolfie had fallen to the floor. Looking back to meet the girl’s gaze. She scooted a little closer and delicately placed her hand in the girls upon her lap.

“It is of no offense. There is no need for an apology.” The girl said with a sigh as she continued to think hard on something bothering her. Her eyes would rapidly blink as she felt Sarah scoot ever so closer, her voice cracking as she felt her hand being the subject of another’s touch. “It- it is nice to meet you, your highness.” She said, finally making use of proper honorifics where she previously sought to avoid them entirely.

Sarah smiled. Maybe the girl was opening up a little. “It is nice to meet you too.” Sarah could sense the girl’s concentration. “So … You must know I’ve been trying to find you for some time. Who are you?” Sarah prompted.

“After a month do you have any theories?” A playful tone overtook the girl as she clearly attempted to dodge the question at least one more time, her eyes now focusing on Sarah’s hand that laid on her own.

Sarah pulled her hand away sending the girls unease and stroked her chin thinking. “We’ll. You bear an uncanny resemblance to the Khoskol royals. Cariel and Kariel. Only younger. I’ve been thinking about it. And because of the Khoskol lawmaking, and their abject aversion to investigating such, you might be their sister." Sarah made a hmmm sound. “And that means you yourself may be royalty. And in that case my dear, it’s a pleasure to meet you as well your highness.” Sarah raised an eyebrow at the girl. “Maybe that’s crazy. Maybe I’m completely bonkers and I’m completely off. Maybe you’re just a girl. A girl who has been through a lot.”

As Sarah pulled away her hand the girl would seem to panic. “You- you did not need to remove it. . .” She said with embarrassment before taking in the Princess’ answer. A defeated sigh would overtake her as she melted into the couch. “That is surprisingly spot on...” She says, lamenting the fact that the game was over before it even really began. “Half-sister, technically.” She said in a depressed tone as she sunk further into the couch. * “No need for such a pleasantries with me, your highness, I am only a lowly princess.”

Sarah beamed. Both please with herself and humbled to meet the girl for who she was. “But a Princess none the less. Please. What is your name?”

“The term princess does not hold the same weight as it does in this half of the world.” She says, attempting to deflect Sarah’s attempt at kindness. “I was given the name of Is within the first year of my birth.” She states with no emotion in her voice, seeming to remove herself emotionally from the statement.

“Is…” Sarah mulled the name over in her mouth. The girl, Is, seemed lifeless about it. “Is that what you would like me to call you?” She asked, placing her hand back in the girl’s.

“You may call me whatever you wish, your majesty.” She said, deflecting once again, a blushed smile overtaking her as Sarah’s hand was placed back on top of her own.

“Well, your highness. I guess Is it is then.” Her hand was soft and warm. She felt a pulse of heat up her and through her body. It was a warm feeling. “We have been watching each other for quite some time it would seem. How long have you been in Noremacia? What are you doing here? How have you been able to hide for so long?” Sarah stopped herself. She could feel the conversation feeling more like a line of questioning, which she didn’t want this to be. “I mean…” she paused. “Honestly, I find you fascinating. To be who you are. And to have remained hidden for so long. It’s perplexing.” Sarah blushed for the first time in their interaction, feeling the shy joy that a child might when they get a crush on a classmate. “I kind of just want to know about you I guess is all.”

The girl’s heart would flutter as she felt Sarah’s pulses and her later explanation, all in all it surprised her, a pleasant surprise, but one she could handle, or so she believed. “I- I . . was visiting Cariel since she is trying to skip her royal duties, on this visit, about a week. . . I’m not all that interesting.” She says in nervous embarrassment as her head is now filled with many thoughts of Sarah.

Sarah seemed deep in thought. what was Cariel doing here avoiding duties. Did it point to some uncertainty in the KPPR's administration? But Sarah didn’t want to pry. She was after all only interested in the girl, Is. Sarah cleared her throat "so tell me what it’s been like for you. It must have been hard, always living in the shadows. I can’t imagine your pain." Sarah placed her other hand now in Is's lap as well.

“I- um... uhm….” A very light and flustered chuckle would overtake Is as the second hand is placed on her lap. “I- I am not unique. There is a few of us lying around. . .” She explained as she wondered if she was in a dream and if so when it would come to an end.

Sarah sighed. She really wanted Is to open up to her. "Tell me what it was like growing up."

“It was . . . quiet. . I spent some time traveling after I got to the double digits, which is unusual for us lowly first generations. Spent most of my time in Mæna after I turned eleven.”

"Oh, I’ve never been. what’s it like?" Sarah Replied, with the tone of genuine interest.

“Rather cold. . . Do you like the cold?” She says as she finally looks up from her hands, her red cheeks contrasting against her pale skin, finally making eye contact with Sarah for a second before her eyes fell back below to the hands, lightly smiling.

Sarah looked away from Is, and also smiled. "I do. I have always enjoyed watching the first snow fall and have myself spent a lot of time recently up north in the Frensican Isles." she looked back at Is. "You must take me there sometime. I would love to see it." Sarah paused. "I can’t believe I’m sitting here with you."

“Wh- why might that be?” Is asked tentatively.

"Well, we have been playing cat and mouse for some time. Although you always managed to stay one step ahead of me." Sarah replied with a shy grin on across her mouth.

Is saw Sarah’s grin and involuntarily matched it. “To be fair, your highness, my job is directly applicable to such games.”

“And what might your… job… be”

“It’s not really a . . . official thing, it’s more like a internship!”

Sarah giggled. “Whatever do you mean my dear?”

“I help Grand Prince Uriel run the Apparatus for Serene Seas.”

“Like… the navy?”

“Naval Intelligence, yeah.”

Sarah smiled. She was thoroughly both Impressed and pleased with Is. she was both beautiful and seemed smart but had obviously been through some trauma. Sarah moved her hand from on Is’ lap to around her shoulder. Sarah felt oddly nervous and calm symbiotically. “How about those bruises on your neck?” Sarah asked specifically quietly and carefully.

“Oh. . . family argument...” She said half-heartedly as she only tried to lean into Sarah for comfort.

Sarah could feel the soft pale skin of Is far upper arm. As she felt Is lean a little into her, Sarah curled her legs up on the sofa, returning Is’ lean with some more of an embrace. It was kind of an odd situation. Sarah hadn’t expected it to be like this when they met. But Sarah was nothing less than infatuated by Is. with the arm around Is’ shoulder, she ran her finders lightly up her arm and over her shoulder to where the bruising started on her neck started. And made an extra effort to be as light as possible when touching where it was bruised. “Does…” Sarah swallowed out of nerves “Does it hurt?”

“No, not really. It’s just superficial really. No need to worry about it.” Is said in a attempt to cease any worry about her own state.

“We’ll if you say so.” Sarah said unconvinced, as she moved her hand back to Is’s shoulder and she held her a little tighter. She wandered if this is what she wanted. Why did she want this? She didn’t know this girl. She was an enigma. Something truly different. Sarah felt she was coming on too strong and retreated her hands back to herself, but didn’t move from being close to Is. Sarah glanced over at the tea and cakes on the bedside. “Would you like something to eat? You were asleep for so long you must be starved!”

As Sarah would retreat her hands Is’ smile would slightly dampen only for a second as she wonders if she did anything wrong. With audible anxiety in her tone of vogue she would ask. “Uh- if you want to.” A very anxious laugh would escape her before she continued. “I I haven’t had a sleep that long in a while.”

“If you need to rest more. Be my guest” Sarah felt she may have come on too strong. She felt like she had been making moves to get close to Is without her making much of a reaction. But she again placed her hand, this time on Is’s exposed thigh.

Is’ heart rate and breathing would increase significantly as she becomes redder than ever before, only able to stammer out. “Wh- who- how is it like for you?”

Sarah paused “how do you mean?”

“Y’know, the sleep. . .”

Sarah blushed. “We’ll. I slept well next to you last night… if that’s what you mean... Or do you mean…” Sarah trailed off going a brighter red and casting her eyes to the floor

“I don’t remember you coming home in your current gown. . .”

Sarah hesitated. “No, I… I changed from my ballgown. Didn't think it was bed time appropriate. I think you went back to sleep. And I came and… fell asleep next to you…” Sarah’s smile faded and she navel a little more closed off. “I’m sorry… I know it’s weird. I was just so tired, and you looked so peaceful…”

With blushes concern Is would turn to Sarah and try to relieve her worry. “The- wh- don’t be sorry! I- umm. .”  She scratched her head as she panicked, trying to think of something to say. “You’re like really, really pretty!” Is then looked off to the side. “I- I mean... um... I’m sorry.” She says in a defeated tone.

The smile returned to Sarah’s face, and she turned to face is once more. Her heart racing. Her body warm with feeling. “You really are very beautiful too” Sarah stood and held out a delicate hand towards the still seated Is.
Is would very place her own right hand in Sarah’s, her face not losing its blush.

Sarah stepped back and clasped Is hand, out of a mutual sense of belonging neither of them let go and Is stood, following. Sarah backed towards where the bed in the middle of the room. As Sarah reached the bed her heart was racing. She was looking at Is who would occasionally meet her eye before casting her gaze away again. She sat in the bed and pulled the still standing Is close to her. “Or did you mean like this before?”

Is was now standing between Sarah’s legs as she sat with them over the end of the bed. She would then meekly sit down on Sarah’s left thigh as she feet awkwardly hugs onto Sarah, not quite sure what exactly was happening.

Sarah ran her fingers down Is’s back. Touching skin where the dress parted. “Is this, okay?” She queried

“What do you mean, your highness?” The girl asked with genuine confusion in her voice.

"Do you like me... touching you?"

“It’s nice... like you.”

Sarah slipped a hand in the spilt on the back of Is's dress and felt her skin on her fingertips. Sarah could tell Is hadn't done this before. "Come. Lay with me" Sarah insisted as she lay back on the bed.

Is would very awkwardly and reluctantly lay down next to Sarah, attempting to hug onto Sarah from the side.

Is lay on Sarah’s arm and she could feel her snuggling into her side. She turned a little to face her and hold her. Close. Closer than they had been ever before. "How about we do whatever and you can tell me what you like."

Is would nod her head with great enthusiasm as she seems at a loss for words, her mouth ajar but nothing coming from it.

Sarah took the opportunity and leaned in to kiss Is.

Is would seem to almost be paralysed as she would not be able to move until Sarah’s lips met her own, trying her best to reciprocate.

The two settled further into the bed, exploring each other throughout the rest of the afternoon, as the daylight ran across the sky and in through the large windows, until the sun had well and truly set.

13th of May, 2022
00:33

Sarah awoke abruptly to her phone vibrating. She reached over as it stopped and the bright screen read 6 missed calls from Camus, her brother. Almost instantaneously after picking up her phone there was a knocking on the door. It was dark outside. The knocking continued. The girl, Is, was still asleep. Sarah now had only her underwear on. As she slipped out of bed and hurried to put a robe on, the knocking stopped, and the door started to open.

Sarah barely had time to clothe herself before the door opened and Camus came in. Sarah leaped for ward to stand between him and the bed, but it was too late, Camus already caught a glimpse of the girl asleep in Sarah’s bed. Sarah slapped a hand over Camus’ mouth and pushed him backwards out into the hallway. She turned and saw the girl still asleep, the light from the hallways only partially illumination the room. She quietly shut it behind her, and turned to her brother, a face of true fury and rage.
She both whispered and yelled at seemingly the same time. “I told you I was sick and NO one was to enter MY ROOM!”

Camus smiled and sighed “Sister, clearly that is not the case…” He gestured a hand towards the door.

Sarah’s rage turned quickly to shyness, clearly caught out. “Yes well… Something came up… It just happened okay.”

Camus folded his arms “Something came up? Who is she?”

Sarah avoided Camus gaze for a moment. “No one you need to know about.”

Camus pushed on. “Sarah… She looks like the girl you told me about. The Hezra-“

Sarah slapped a hand across Camus’ mouth once again and pushed him against the wall. “I said… She is no one you need to worry about. Okay?”

Camus nodded from behind Sarah’s hand. After a moment Sarah slowly let her hand down.

“So, what’s her name?” Camus continued with a cheeky grin. Sarah sucker punched him, right in the stomach. Camus hunched over and groaned. “Uuugh.”

Sarah rubbed her hand, the punch hurt a little. She wasn’t strong. Sarah almost immediately regretted the rash action. She felt bad and replied “Her name is Is.”

After a minute or so and when it had seemed like Camus had somewhat recovered from the punch, He started. “So she’s the one you were chasing after? The one who can go invisible? And you… slept with her??”

Sarah rolled her eyes “Who cares brother. It’s a weird situation. It just happened, okay?”

Camus frowned now, more serious. “So, she broke into the imperial city undetected? That technology, we must have it… and we need to double down on security.”

Sarah seemed to panic a little. “No. She's not a threat, and she's not going to hurt you or anyone here.”

Camus looked into Sarah’s eyes “And what about you…” there was a second of silence. “I know you get attached, and you have been engrossed in this for months now. What is this? Some twisted fantasy that has come true for you?”

Sarah folded her arms “No!... I don’t know…” She returned to a cold dead look and glared at her brother. “Like I said. Its not your problem now GO!” She span Camus and pushed him away down the hall.

Camus stopped and turned back to her. “Sarah… Be careful. Whoever she is. I don’t trust her.”

Sarah shook her head “Not. Your. Problem. Do not get involved.”

Camus looked at Sarah for a moment before turning and leaving down the hall.

Sarah returned to the room, quietly opening the door to find that the girl was nowhere to be seen. After searching her room, and Sarah talking to the room to see if Is had gone invisible, there was no reply and Sarah concluded that Is had woken and fled. Wolfie was also gone, perhaps a souvenir for Is. Sarah also noticed that the Cake had a few small bites taken out of it and the teacup had a faint lipstick mark on the rim.

Sarah sat on the bed and clenched the bedsheets beside her, and only hoped Is had not heard her taking to Camus outside. She curled up into bed and let a single tear roll from her eye to the white sheets, crumpled in a mess on the bed. She already missed Is’ touch and had no idea what the future had in stall for either of them.
Noremacia
Noremacia

Back to top Go down