Etharia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2022 Ninhundish Melanesia Incident

4 posters

Go down

The 2022 Ninhundish Melanesia Incident  Empty The 2022 Ninhundish Melanesia Incident

Post by Dougland Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:07 pm

6 Nautical Miles off the coast of Ninhundish Melanesia

Operation Eastern Vigilance

DS Endurance

April 6th, 1200 hours

Captain Ko-kwahl Edwards in all of his 27 years in the Douglandic Coast Guard never thought he would be assigned to a tropical place, let alone Hezrana. However, circumstances outside his control pushed him and his crew to take part in Operation Eastern Vigilance. As a part of a joint Ninhundish-Douglandic operation to protect the territorial integrity of CSO members, considering recent Ashian military flyovers into Nihundish territory in Hezrana.

“Captain, one of our helicopters spotted Ashian fishermen illegally fishing in the Ninhundish territorial waters.”

Edwards, standing on his bridge, grabbed his mug for a quick sip of Douglandic coffee. He then turned to the mariner, who altered him to the violation and said,

“Did the fisherman attempt to leave Ninhundish waters when spotted by our helo?”

“No sir, they instead apparently fired a rifle at the helicopter, sir.”

“That’s so, huh? Set Course to the spotted ship’s coordinates immediately. And make sure our helo maintains visual contact with the ship from a safe distance but order it to not fire upon the ship. We don’t need to create an international incident over this just yet. Plus, I say we pay these mavericks a visit for a quick chat.”

“Aye, sir.”

The crew of the DS Endurance quickly adjusted the ship’s course to the designated coordinates of the Ashian ship.

April 6th, 1315 hours

The DS Endurance had finally made it to the edge of Ninhundish territorial waters, where the Ashian ship was spotted. Edwards could now see the DH-13P orbiting the Ashian Ship from his bridge.

Edwards then told his crew to ready the ship’s loudspeaker and grabbed his microphone attached to his intercom station. And said,

“Attention Ashian ship, you are illegally operating in Ninhundish territorial waters. You must vacate the area immediately, or face possible detention from the Douglandic Coastguard on behalf of the nation of Ninhundland. Does anyone copy this message? Over.”

A minute had passed with no response from the Ashian ship. Edwards again reached for his microphone and said,

“Ashian ship, if you don’t begin course corrections to leave Ninhundland’s territorial waters immediately, we will be forced to detain your crew and ship. Do you copy this message? Over.”

The Ashian ship then suddenly jerked its course to its port side and encroached quickly on the DS Endurance.

“What are these idiots thinking?” Edwards thought to himself.

A loud crack could be heard as the glass of one of the bridge’s windows was impacted by a bullet. Fortunately for Edwards and his crew, the bullet failed to penetrate the glass of the bridge’s window.

Quickly, Edwards yelled at his crew,

“Aim the cannon at the ship NOW! Prepare to fire on my command.”

Edwards then frantically reached for his microphone to make one final statement:

“Ashian Ship, if you do not cease all hostilities and allow yourselves to be detained, we will be forced to fire upon you. This is your final warning. Do you copy this message? Over.”

After Edwards had relayed the message to the Ashian ship, the atmosphere quickly became tense as no response came from the Ashian Ship. Then, out of nowhere, multiple small arms rounds hit the DS Endurance. It quickly became apparent that multiple crew members of the Ashian ship had opened fire on the Douglandic cutter.

“Fire! Fire Now!” said Edwards.

The cannon of the DS Endurance roared as it let out multiple 20mm high explosive rounds towards the Ashian Ship. As the rounds hit the Ashian vessel, the ship’s bridge was obliterated, and the shockwave caused some of the ship's crew to be blasted overboard, as well as igniting the ship's fuel compartment, causing a massive fire.

“Scramble search and rescue teams now, and get me a causality report!” yelled Edwards.

April 6th, 1420 hours

It had come to Edwards’ attention that one Douglandic mariner and twelve Ashians died in the short skirmish. During the final wave of bullets shot at the DS Endurance, one of the bullets was able to strike the killed Douglandic mariner in the head, killing him instantly. The crew had concluded that the Ashians that were killed died either to shrapnel, the explosion, or the fire. The surviving seven Ashians were being kept in the brig for detainment and interrogation.

Edwards opened the door to the brig and was met with multiple salutes from his crew.

“At ease,” said Edwards.

“Do any of them speak Noremacian?”

“Only one, sir.”

The mariner pointed to a small bald man whose face was devoid of any emotion.

"Sir, we interrogated him and found out that they claimed to believe that they were operating in Ashian waters. We also were able to discover that this isn't the first time the crew has wandered into another nation's territorial waters. Apparently, they got into a gun battle with the Aryavartan Coastguard in 2020 and won. So they got cocky and thought they could pull something similar against us. Hence, why they shot at us. Initially we were confused as to how these Ashian Fishermen were able to get a hold of firearms. However upon further investigation we found the weapons used were of Kanadorikan origin, Cold War. They most likely obtained these weapons via the black market, and are probably connected to the Yakuza or other criminal syndicates if they were able to get a hold of that kind of hardware in Ashia.”

Edwards then glanced at the Noremacian speaking Ashian.

“Did you know you were operating in Ninhundish waters Ashian?” asked Edwards.

The Ashian slowly glanced toward Edwards’ face and made eye contact with him.

“These are not Ninhundish waters, Douglander. The waters belong to Ashia, not Ninhundland, nor the world, only Ashia.”

“I hope you’re aware that you and your crew will face a minimum of fifty years in prison for illegally operating in Ninhundland’s territorial waters, resisting detainment, and the murder of Douglandic military personnel.”

The Ashian slightly smirked and proceeded to lower his face and look towards the floor of the brig.

Disgusted, Edwards then walked away from the brig and the man, for he had a report to file and a very important phone call to make.
Dougland
Dougland
Approved
Approved

Back to top Go down

The 2022 Ninhundish Melanesia Incident  Empty Re: The 2022 Ninhundish Melanesia Incident

Post by Ashia Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:12 pm

April 9th, 2022
2:30pm AST
Imperial Palace Press room
Empress Ria

“On April 6th, 2022 an Ashian fishing vessel, was shot at and destroyed by the Douglandic coast guard ship, the DS Endurance. Near the Island of Hishoji.”

The Empress pauses, looking at the cameras in front of her. Her face is stern, her voice is angered, and her body language shows the discontent of the situation her nation has been brought in.

“Douglandic reports state that the fishing vessel was occupied by a group of Kazuma gang members, however; Ashian authorities have not yet confirmed this. Douglandic reports also state that the members of the fishing vessel opened fire on the Douglandic ship, however; this report has yet to be confirmed as well.”

She pauses again, looking around the room full of reporters.

“It is confirmed that twelve Ashians, and one Douglandic mariner died in a short firefight between the two vessels. The seven survivors of the incident are currently under Douglandic custody on their ship. It is the aim of the Ashian government to retrieve the prisoners for interrogation ourselves, as it would be in our best interest as well, to understand how the individuals acquired the firearms outside of Ashian borders.”

The silence is almost deafening as she makes another pause before raising her voice to an assertive tone.

“It is demanded that the Douglandic vessel surrender the prisoners to the nearest Ashian Maritime Self Defense ship, lest there be further consequences. It has already been discussed and decided that Ashia will no longer conduct trade with both Dougland and Ninhundland. Dougland has shown their hand and has made it clear they support modern day tyranny. Ninhundland has remained silent this week, letting their allies handle their issues for them. It has been apparent for a long while now, that Ninhundland’s government is weak and spineless.
Instead of bringing rhetoric to the table, they bring guns, cannons, and shells. Instead of freedom, they’ve remained silent and brought bloodshed. They have yet to provide a single positive factor to this wonderful region we call home.”

Her actions are more animated, lively now. Hands helping express her anger and frustration towards a government she has lost all trust and respect for.

“Nations have spoken out about the situation that is unfolding over the island of Hishoji. Atzlan has condemned the presence of the Ninhundish military within the Hezranan waters. I am personally preparing to meet with the Xinmei representative and the representatives from Tepox and Huitzil, two powerful businesses based in Ashia and Atzlan, on actions to take to further Dougland and Ninhundland’s arrogance. Kanadorika has prompted Ninhundland for diplomatic discussion, but Ninhundland has remained silent. Michu has stated that they are discussing embargoing Ninhundland. It is very apparent to much of the world that Ninhundland is at the current moment, a threat to civility and diplomacy. They support hostility around the world, feeding the Schwobenland conflict. Starting a war with their neighbors, Galvaria. They have attempted to take advantage of every conflict in recent times, to try and leave their names in the history books. They have had zero attempts at peace talks unless defeat is at their doorstep, and when matters affect the natives lives? They’re silent, and let their allies take care of their dirty work. Is this the actions of a mature government? One that can be accepted globally? I would definitely argue that they cannot be taken seriously.”

Her voice straightens back out once again, less aggressive and more calm.

“The waves of this ocean have been free from conflict for the greater part of 50 years. And now, it sees it from unwelcomed inhabitants not of this land. They do not know of our culture, they’ve never tried to understand. They came and conquered our people years ago, unwelcomed and uninvited. The people of Hishoji must let their voice be heard, they cannot continue to be silenced by the tyrannical government. As previously stated, it's an artifact from an era that can no longer be accepted. The world must take action, for the sake of peace and prosperity among all of the nations.”

Her voice raises, assertive once again, delivering the final demands of the nation she leads.

“So I will repeat myself, only once. Dougland, return the prisoners you have lest face further consequences upon you and Ninhundland. Ninhundland, demilitarize Hishoji Island, or face further sanctions. Allow the people of Hishoji Island to choose their destiny, or face dissent from the inside.

She then exits the pressroom with her husband Prince Yrjo, and the two Princesses.
Ashia
Ashia

Back to top Go down

The 2022 Ninhundish Melanesia Incident  Empty Re: The 2022 Ninhundish Melanesia Incident

Post by Dougland Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:18 am

April 9th, 2022
9:00 PM, DST
Situation Room,
Presidential Palace

Mr. Fabiano was sitting at the end of a long table while being surrounded by generals, admirals, national security advisors, DSB officers, and his defense secretary Eslu Clarke. No one at the meeting was thrilled to discuss the skirmish between the DS Endurance and Ashian fishermen. The atmosphere of the room was tense despite the room being in almost total silence. Only the beeps from computers and the sound of people adjusting their chairs could be heard. Then, the door to the situation room opened, and out came a young intern for the DSB. His name tag read Jack Raiyn, along with the official seal of the DSB on it. A staff member behind Mr. Fabiano turned on a projector, with two other palace staff pulling down the room’s projector board. An image of the destroyed Ashian fishing crawler was projected onto the screen.

“As you all know by now, the DS Endurance was attacked three days ago by rogue fishermen, with the attack resulting in the death of one Douglandic Mariner. The Ashian government has responded to the incident by demanding the attackers be extradited to them and has threatened us if we don’t comply with their demands, as well as severing all economic ties with us. The decision is ultimately up to you Mr. President.” said Jack.

Everyone in the room then turned towards Mr. Fabiano who was sitting at the end of the table.

“I find it insulting that the Ashians see the murder of Douglandic military personnel as a justification to not only apply sanctions towards us but to threaten us as well. The Ashians are not giving us much to work with here,” said Fabiano.

General Matika Smith then immediately responded to Mr. Fabiano:

“Mr. President, Ashia’s response to the incident is proof that they view the lives of the indigenous peoples of Anphilos and that of Douglanders as irrelevant and worthless. In retaliation for their heinous demands and blatant racism towards Anphilosians. I say we not only refuse their demands but also comply with Ninhundland’s request to station long-range surface-to-air missile systems along with a battery of our short-range ballistic missiles in Melanesia. That will teach them a lesson in diplomacy and basic respect.”

“Although I share your disgust towards the behavior of Ashia’s government towards our own people, we cannot risk needless escalation over Ninhundish Melanesia. We need to try to find a compromise in this situation; somehow,” remarked Fabiano.

“We could make a deal with Ashia to hand them over with the promise that they extradite them back into Dougland for them to stand trial,” said Jack.

Everyone in the room looked towards Jack, many of them shocked that an intern had the audacity to give crucial advice on national security.

“How do we even know that the Ashians will even commit to their side of the agreement? We all saw the transcript of Mr. Samurai's remarks to Captain Edwards. Once the Ashian government finds out, Mr. Samurai and his fellow clowns attacked the DS Endurance for the glory of Ashia. The fuckers will probably claim we made the whole incident up!” exclaimed General Smith.

“Language, Smith.” retorted a slightly annoyed Secretary Clarke.

“My apologies sir.”

“I share your concern Smith, but Jack’s idea might just work. Do you have a response to Smith’s rant, Jack?” said Fabiano.

“With all due respect General, but I don’t think the Ashian government would do something like that.” replied Jack.

“Why do you think that Jack?” responded General Smith.

“It’s just a hunch,” said Jack.

“How reassuring! Why are we even letting an intern guide foreign policy again?” asked Smith.

“Nothing in geopolitics doesn’t have risk associated with it Smith, and if they break the agreement we’ll start sending more than the Coast Guard to Melanesia,” said Fabiano.

“But..Mr. President,”

“I’ve decided our course of action, Smith. I’m going to make an address tonight about our response,” said Fabiano.

April 9th, 9:45 DST

Mr. Fabiano is in his office and is staring at a teleprompter. His hands are folded together on the table, with all the members of the National Security Council looking at him from behind the camera.

“On April 6th, 2022 the DS Endurance was attacked by Ashian Fishermen, which resulted in the cold murder of a Douglandic Mariner.

In response to this brutal killing and attack, Ashia has seen fit to not only economically embargo us but to threaten us for defending ourselves.

It has become apparent that Ashia views the lives of indigenous peoples as worthless if they are not Hezranan. This hypocrisy cannot be ignored. If Ashia truly cared about the lives and wellbeing of indigenous peoples, then why did they not even offer the slightest form of help when the Lorsalians raped and butchered our people in killing fields in 1975? Where was that help? Where was that outrage? When Dougland was fighting for the survival of its people we received no help from Ashia. So when a former chauvinist empire accuses Dougland of being tyrannical, it is not only offensive but also ignorant.

Despite these transgressions from Ashia, Dougland will act in good faith by extraditing the attackers of the DS Endurance, on the condition that once interrogations are completed by Ashia, they will be extradited back to Dougland to stand trial for their crimes. Dougland will also support the establishment of a popular referendum to determine if Ninhundish Melanesia should remain under Ninhundish jurisdiction, or become independent and possibly join Ashia.

Dougland also is frustrated by the lack of a concrete Ninhundish response to the killing of a Douglandic Mariner defending their territory.

That is all I have to say on the current situation, and may the Gods bless Dougland.”

The broadcast then ended, Mr. Fabiano then got out of his chair and proceeded to walk out of his office to get much-needed rest.
Dougland
Dougland
Approved
Approved

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashia Sat May 14, 2022 3:51 pm

April 10th, 2022
The Imperial Palace

Ria and many of her advisors were gathered around a table. The silence indicative of the situation they have found themselves in.

“Dougland has made a proposal, they will allow us to interrogate the prisoners if we return them after interrogation.” Stated Yuzuki, Ria’s personal assistant, speaking to the advisors so that the Empress does not need to speak herself.

“Your Imperial Majesty, we cannot accept this. The prisoners should not have been policed by Dougland in the first place, if that area can even be considered Ninhundish waters, why don’t they police it themselves? This is further proof that that government is lazy, leaving their allies to protect their waters while they grub on the spoils.” Matsumoro, a hot headed official from the Ashian Air Defense Force quickly retorted. “This only causes strain between Dougland and Ashia now, a relationship that has been neutral until this point. We now find ourselves in a situation we actively tried to avoid. We should keep the prisoners, what if they turn the prisoners over to Ninhundland?” He sat back down, it was clear most of the members of the conference were in agreement with his statement, but it wasn’t their say.

“I understand your concern, Colonel Matsumoro, I do.” Ria calmly replied, “You also have to look at the broader situation here. You are right in the sense that Dougland and Ashia have been neutral in the past. This incident is certainly putting strain on that relationship.” She takes a deep breath and continues, “My speech was made in haste, mostly driven by passion for the defense of my people and my nation that I love dearly. I also insulted them, in a manner I did not even mean to. While defending the people of Melanesia I insulted their own natives during their crises in the past. This is something I also must atone for.”

The room became silent, it is not often that the Empress dwells negatively upon speeches she has given in the past, in fact in recent years she has been able to only give uplifting speeches and speeches that celebrate certain aspects of her nation. Her marriage with Yrjo, the birth of their child, Hanako’s children’s festivals. All these positive things that have happened through the nation and now she has had her first real conflict with another nation and she has insulted them. The burden of her words weighed heavily on her shoulders.

“If we wish to repair or even ease the tension between Ashia and Dougland, it is a necessity that we work with Dougland, and meet in a middle ground on all aspects throughout this particular issue. They’ve agreed to the terms of allowing us to interview the prisoners, even though they didn’t have to. We should take that as an olive branch and return the gesture with good favor. Though it would have to be arranged.”

She looks at two individuals sitting next to her, the both of them nodding in acknowledgement that she was going to address them

“Joint Chief of Staff Harutaka, Chief of Maritime Staff Kawasaka, would you be willing to oversee the matter of the prisoners and their interrogation.”

“I have the utmost faith in my colleague that they would be the perfect candidate for this request, Your Imperial Majesty.” Harutaka was quick to answer. Looking at Kawasaka with a stern face.

Kawasaka, a stoic and seemingly emotionless individual, rested his head on his hands for a moment. Pondering the situation.

“Kawasaka, your dedication and vigilance in defending the Empire has never gone unnoticed. My father spoke highly of you, and respected you immensely. Please speak your mind freely now, as I know the task I am giving you has immense pressure and weight between the relations between the Empire and Dougland.” Ria stated, urging the 58 year old veteran to ease his composure.

Kawasaka relaxed, and began to talk. “It would have to be on our terms, of course, how the prisoners are transported.” The room agreed, there had to be control on the Ashian end, otherwise things would go south quickly. “As you know we are currently conducting exercises in the Kiyohara Island chain, due north of Hishoji. We could divert some of those assets to complete this task, the ADS Airi would be able to facilitate the questioning easily. We could transport the prisoners via helicopter, that way it wouldn’t be as intimidating as sending over multiple ships.” He looks around, everyone nodding in agreement. He then looks at his Empress. “Empress, might I make a suggestion as well?”

“Of course, Kawasaka.” She replied.

“We should invite an individual or two from Dougland to attend the interrogation as well, this way, they know that we aren’t going to go back on our word. I’ll personally greet them, and select a translator for them during their time aboard the carrier.”

The entire room then turned their heads towards their Empress. Her face in contemplation, she knew the weight of the decision she was about to make, one wrong move could lead to war, and an exponential loss of life. The right move could lead to the start of healing the wound currently brewing in the air.

“Harutaka, see to it that Kawasaka has the necessary assets to complete his tasks. The rest of you, I want you to support them both in this endeavor as well, if they need something from any of you, see to it that it is made available at the earliest possible moment.” Her face turns to Kawasaka, “I have the utmost faith in you, much like my father did when he appointed you to your role. Good luck.” She then stood up, and the entire room followed suit, the military personnel saluting her and the civilians bowing their heads. As she walked out of the room, she mumbled to herself “Time to fight my own fight.”

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later that night

“People of Ashia, I would like to address the statement that Dougland has put out recently about the situation currently unfolding over Hishoji Island. To start, we have agreed upon Dougland’s request to return the prisoners after Ashian interrogation. We see this as an opportunity to atone for the actions of the prisoners against an international community member, as we should bear a small weight of responsibility. The stipulation we have placed upon Dougland is that the prisoners will remain within Dougland’s possession, and not be extradited to Ninhundland, as it is an agreement upon me and my advisors that we feel the loss of life is a greater transgression than trespassing. This much has been agreed upon.

Ashia also share’s Dougland’s concern with the still silent Ninhundish government. An ally has lost its life due to their own negligence. And they have not even reached out in condolences from what I have been informed of. Whether or not this has been addressed behind closed doors, but I am only going off of what I have concrete knowledge of, so I can only talk to that. Ninhundland remains silent, even to the Empire, they refuse to answer our questions or even acknowledge the wrong they are committing. Though this is to be expected from them, as Ashia has been subject to in the past.

Now I would like to address another comment made by President Fabiano, on the statements of his own nation's past suffering. First, I would like to extend an apology. My speech was made in haste, in rage over the situation that Ashian lives were lost in the modern era over something that possibly could have been avoided. In disgust that my nation continues to be ignored by a developed western nation. And anger of the past that my nation has had to endure thanks to the Nation that currently lords of Hishoji Island. I apologize for being inconsiderate of the happenings in 1975, as I am less educated on that matter due to the events that transpired during that time in my own country. I know it is too late now, but I will take time to educate myself more on that era in the region. After hearing those words of President Fabiano, I would like to extend my deepest apologies towards you, and the Douglandic people. I have personally included a token of my apologies to the family of the mariner, that will be exchanged during the prisoner exchange.”

She then does something she hasn’t done since becoming the Empress, bowing her head in apology to a foreigner.

“As of right now, this is all I have to share. Goodnight, and stay safe.”

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Off Hishoji Island/ Aboard ADS Airi
April 12th, 2022

Kaishichou (Petty Officer 3rd Class) Ayanokoji sat in silence as she and Kawasaka were approaching the DS Endurance. She knew why she was chosen but, why, was she chosen by Kawasaka to be the translator on this mission. Everything was agreed upon ahead of time: seven prisoners, two Douglandic Mariners, 2 Ashian MP’s, Kawasaka and Ayanokoji. It was to be quick and painless, and that’s exactly how it went. The prisoners were already on deck, and were quickly rushed into the helicopter and bound to their seats. The two Douglandic Mariners were escorted on and greeted by Kawasaka and Ayanokoji. And then the Helicopter took off, returning to the ADS Airi. Not much was said, nothing really could be said. The sound of the helicopter drowning out a lot of the voices in the cabin. It felt like years, the return trip back to the Carrier, but they finally landed on deck, and she introduced herself.

“Kaishichou Ayanokoji of the ADS Airi, welcome aboard, I will be your translator. This is Chief of Staff of the Ashian Maritime Self-defense Force Kawasaka, he will be overseeing your stay aboard the carrier. Unfortunately we cannot let you into too many areas within the ship, but I will hopefully be able to navigate you to where you need to be.” Ayanokoji spoke in fluent Noremacian, but her accent sometimes got the better of her. She hopes that she is conveying her message well, as this is the first time she has needed to use it outside of her studies.

“I’m Petty Officer Third Class Alday and this is Petty Officer Third Class Connor. We are in your care while we are aboard.” Alday responded, clearly understanding everything she was saying. After the brief introductions she guided them to their quarters where they would be staying during the interrogations. It was planned that the prisoners would remain in Ashian custody for three days, unless a major development came from the investigation. The first interrogations would start shortly.

“Make yourself at home, I’ll come get you when the interrogations start.”

Two days went by of useless investigation, either the prisoners were just following orders of their leaders, or they were being silent. On the third day, the final prisoner began to speak. The two Douglandic Mariners were in the interrogation observation room with Ayanokoji, while Kawasaka and Ittou Kaisou Shiroyama handled the investigation. Guards were on standby both in the observation room and outside the interrogation room door. And one armed guard was stationed inside the room.

“You’ve caused the Empire quite a large headache,” Shiroyama explained to the prisoner. “What’s your name, child?”

“Shinji, Shinji Fuma.” The prisoner responded, his head lowered.

“Shinji… What were you exactly doing in those waters with that boat.” Shiroyama began with the simple questions, those that he had asked every prisoner beforehand.

“We were sent to retrieve and smuggle weapons to the mainland.” Shinji replied the same answer as all of his partners. “It’s a task we’ve regularly completed, although this time we had to shift because we had a run in with Aryavarta.”

“So your provider chose… near Hoshiji?” Again, another simple question.

“Yes, it has been a long known fact that the Ninhundish forces patrolling those waters are corrupt and would take bribes. The incompetency of their nation reflects upon their military leadership.” He responded, a different answer than his comrades had given. Maybe they have finally found the weak link in the group. “Even the Empress acknowledged it, the incompetence of that dog nation.”

“I cannot speak on matters of the Empress, that is not something that concerns this situation. You do realize you shot at a Douglandic ship, correct?” Shiroyama responded.

“We thought it was a Ninhundish ship, normally they would approach us more directly and we would exchange the money provided to us for such a situation and they would be on their way. But it was different. I didn’t hear the exact exchange but many of the boys thought it the wiser to run, but some idiot decided to grab a gun and start shooting. Then the rest of the boys joined in. I was below deck securing the cargo when it started, trying to make my way up but the next thing I knew I was in the water.” Obviously talking about the cannon shot.

“Were you aware of the current dialect going on in the political sphere about Hoshiji Island?” Kawasaka probed, asking his first question.

“You think I pay attention to the conversation between pigs? Politics is nothing but the rich getting richer through making the poor suffer. Why do you think I’ve had to choose the life I did, slave…” Shinji responded.

Kawasaka ignored the comment, this child was obviously uneducated in real life, probably fell into this life blindly following his friends and hadn’t been caught yet.

“Besides, the Ninhundish pigs don’t belong here. They don’t belong anywhere. They’re a stain upon this earth. They’ve caused nothing but pain on this side of the world. That much I remember from history class old man. If I saw one of them, I’d show them the same mercy they showed my ancestors back then, which was none. They’re probably treating the people of Hoshiji island the same way. Like lesser beings, like they aren’t humans as well. It’s all they do. Why do they rely on others for protection? The Douglandic ship shouldn’t have been there.” He continued to rant, obvious anger taking control. It was obvious what he was citing, the Ninhundish hold on Sotosuchi in the past. Something Ashia still hasn’t forgiven them for, and a large reason for modern animosity towards Ninhundland in the civilian sphere. “We see bodies of those inhabitants on rafts or in the water often, and can only imagine they’re trying to escape the fate they’ve been doomed to on that Island. We just turn an eye, nothing we can do to help them at this point.”

Kawasaka wanted to ask why they didn’t attempt to contact authorities at that point, but realized that it would be synonymous with turning themselves in for having an illegal and unregistered vessel. Instead, he changes the subject.

“Who do you work for?” He calmly asks.

“As if I would ever tell you.” Shinji replies.

“If you do not answer, then your brother’s lives will be lost in vein, we cannot help unless you share.”

“I am bound by honor to not answer that question. Something you should know, old man.” Shinji then shuts down, and doesn’t respond to any further questions. After several attempts, it is apparent he won’t talk.

“Seems like we struck a nerve, return them to the Douglandic vessel. I must meet with the Empress.”
Ashia
Ashia

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaw & Keaa Sun May 15, 2022 11:14 am

“Any idea what is going on over there?”

“No fucking clue.” The young Intelligence Office retorted in a dead tone of voice, clearly exhausted from the day's events, then taking a sip from his mild alcoholic beverage as his and his comrade’s feet hang off the side of the carrier.

“You think they’ll start shooting at each soon?” The youthful Political Officer asked after taking a long drag from his half burnt out cigarette, extinguishing it in an ashtray that laid between the two. The Commissar’s inquiry was in a light hearted tone when compared to his companion’s, clearly an attempt at amusement between the two rather than a serious question.

A short snickle followed by a slightly inebriated laugh came from the Intelligence Officer before it was stipended over the course of a few seconds. “Mös, I hope so.” He says as emotion finally takes over his tone as some happiness comes over him. “Mös’ sake, they might as well just be having a staring contest over there. Hoping they could start shooting at each other like they did before we arrived.” The Officer bemoaned the lack of action the Third Carrier Strike Group has been privy to, since the end of the high intensity insurgency in Laurentia into the low intensity civil disobedience that occasionally makes the evening news if even that once in a year. “Like just do something!” The Officer exclaimed to the eternal seas as he continued rambling to both his friend and the archipelago they have been patrolling since the first week of April. “Fucking pacifists.” He muttered to himself as he spoke his head.

The Commissar just remained in his position as she listened to his friend drunkenly ramble, moving to pat him on the back once he bemoaned the Aishan’s cultural bias to not condone violence as a tool for geopolitical gain. “Hey, cheer up, maybe with the end to the Galvarian War of Ninhundish Humiliation Sleepy George will finally start another war on this side of Etharia and we can finally see some action, if not see the Hun get stomped by the Aishans.” The Commissar said, attempting to cheer up his friend, not actually not sure about the chances of yet another Ninhundish War of Aggression since he is not well studied on the subject himself, focusing more so on internal matters.

A smirk slithered its way onto the Officer’s face as she thought on the possibility. “Maybe such a thing could finally get the Aishans out of their self righteous pacifist melancholy.” He said, talking more to himself than to his friend at this point. He took a swig of his drink, finished it all up in one motion before chucking it off the ship as far as it would go, into the deep blue waters, less than half a day out from Ninhundish Melanesia. He then collapsed to his back as he stared up at the stars. “You ever wonder why we are here?” The excited tone of voice that he had once spoken in now evaporated within the second as he asked in complete seriousness, his tone now being that of a depressed curiosity.

“What do you mean, companion?” The Commissar asked with genuine concern in his voice. “I know we do not see eye to eye on certain issues of creation and the ethereal but I think we both know the answer. For some reason or another some eternal being created us. Either with a plan or not, that is up for you to find out.” The Commissar sighed as he continues “Perhaps we stumble throughout life, unsure of what our purpose is, if we even have a purpose at all. . . but we are here now and that is all that matters.”

Throughout the entirety of the Commissar’s speaking the Officer would remain silent, unwilling to speak until his friend was done, only continuing to stare up at the starry night sky with tranquil eyes. “I mean why are we here?” The Officer says befuddled. “Like why are we just off of Melanesia if our mission is just to patrol!” Anger overtook his voice as he pulled himself up off his back “Like what? Is High Command just hoping that someone shoots at us? Clearly the Aishans and the Kanadorikans don’t care for us being here, even more so for the Ninhundish. Why are we here alone? We have two naval infantry battalions with us yet we left the First Amphibious Reaction Group back in Judea! Just what is going on?!?“ He screamed in frustration before burying his face into his hands, repeatedly saying to himself. “It does not make any sense. It just doesn’t make any sense. None of this makes sense.”

The commissar would continue patting his friend on the back before he heard a series of two set of feet walking towards them. Either the Officer did not hear them unlike his friend, or perhaps he did not even care, as he said one final line. “Why in Mös’ name is Dougland even here. This situation is so fucking stupid!”

The footsteps would stop only a couple feet between the two “What are you two doing here?” A regal yet caring tone of a man in his late twenties boomed behind them. As the two young officers turned around they would see Deputy Director of the Apparatus of Serene Seas/Grand Prince Uriel Khaw Si Khaw standing with the ship’s Chief Political Officer, the latter staring at the two with silent anger and judgment apparent.

Immediately the two would bring themselves to their feet and straightening themselves so they briefly salute the Senior Commissar for barely a second before both of them dropped on a knee to genuflect at the Prince, maintaining it with their eyes down on the floor in shame before the Grand Prince audibly laughed and placed both of his hands behind his back, interlocked. “There is no need for such pleasantries, sailors. Rise.” He graciously ordered as she stared at both men with kindness, harshly contrasting with the Senior Commissar who’s hands say on his belt, his right hand in particular falling on his leather pistol holster as he eyed the two.

The junior Commissar would be the one to take lead over his friend who was under the influence. “Please excuse us, your royal majesty, we shall now clear the premises.” He said, a hint of fear in his voice as he politely bowed towards the royal as his friend did the same only a second after, being a little bit late on the draw. The two then sprinted off towards the closest command island to catch the nearest elevator back down to the innards of the ship.

With amusement the Prince would watch the two run away, turning back to the Senior Commissar with a smile once the two were out of sight completely. The Commissar in question was staring deeply at the left behind ashtray, muttering to himself. “Fucking uniforms (a sarcastic term to refer to young Officers by Senior Officers), can’t keep their vices in check even on a deployment.” He shook his head before the Prince could speak again.

“I would advise you to not be so harsh in judgment, Commissar. You were once like them after all, it is only your decades of service that you are the man you are now. Plus, let the men have some fun, this is not a serious deployment after all.” The Prince said to the officer who had two more decades of life on him, a light smile as he did it. “The play is about to start after all.”

“Strange times we are living in, is it not?” The Commissar asked in his always serious tone as he entered a parade rest and stared at the horizon, taking no time to make pleasantries for the royal.

“Very much so. So much has changed since our times and now even more so about to. A little over a week and the first act is about to begin.” The Prince shook his head “I am getting too old for this. All this scheming and planning. . . It is all just so exhausting.”

“Is that not what you gave up your claim on the throne for, is it not?” The Commissar asked sarcastically as he looked back at the Royal.

“Perhaps, but it saddens me that the new generation has to start so early, at such a tender age. Progress is progress after all but people are going to undoubtedly get hurt and some will indeed die in the coming events.” The Prince said, lamenting on what is to come, perhaps feigning the full amount of despair that he felt.

“So. Are you ever going to tell me what we are doing here?” The Commissar asked with a suspicious stare towards the Prince.

A chuckle overcame the Prince as he began to explain “It is all quite elementary, my dear Commissar.” He began to clear his throat. “The little one does not want anything to interfere with that plan she is so proud of once the vote comes. She can’t really handle anything going off script you see.” His voice only became more and more amused “So, we have to tie up as many elements away from the three Chaiamas until she can lock down the situation. It would be unfavorable if even more hot headed hardliners tried to push into the Federal Palace, would probably get a bit too blood for her innocent taste.”

The Commissad just repeatedly nodded his head “I see, I see. . . but if I may say so, this seems all rather roundabout, is it not?” He questioned.

“Perhaps. . . but I haven’t seen her this excited about a plan in a while and I did not want to ruin that for her, y’know. It is relieving after all to see the planning of the youth and to see them come to fruition like grapes vigorously growing from a vine. Reminds me of when I was her age.”

The Commissar seemed to be at a loss for words, only responding with a tired “If you say so.”

Seeing this the Prince continued, “I know you aren’t one for such clandestine things but this is important for the future of our country. I wouldn’t take your part in this too seriously, it is not everyday you are off the coast of a tropical paradise is it not? Perhaps we can even request to dock at one of the islands and let the men have some time on shore. It can not be good for them, being in such a crowded place and overworked and all. We are entering a new age after all.” He said, attempting to relieve the Commissar’s worries about what the Intelligence Services were planning to cook up in the Capital.

Just then a suppressed crack of an intermediate rifle round would echo from just behind them, sending the Commissar’s lifeless body to fall off the ship and into the water, hopefully to never be seen again. A Special Warfare Officer from the Apparatus' First Squadron ‘Snowfall would seem to materialize from behind the Prince, lowering his rifle as he entered a kowtow to show his respect for the Royal. “The young mistress is requesting your presence back at the Capital for the foreseeable future. . . and if I may suggest something, your highness?”

The Prince took out a royal purple handkerchief from his pocket as he cleaned what little blood splattered on his cheek. “And what might that be, Kapteinn?” He asked, very much so annoyed that he was being shadowed without his knowledge.

The Special Warfare Officer would bring himself up from his kowtow as his rifle dangles off of his body via the one point sling attached to him and the rifle, looking up at the Prince with the shaded glasses hiding the expression of his eyes. “It is not exactly prudent to mention the young mistress to anyone, even in passing, she likes her privacy after all.” He says in a genuine tone as he enters a state of polite non readiness.

“I’ll consider your advice, Kapteinn, but I would not be worried too much about it. In the anyways, l try to see if we can dock at a nearby port, if not I guess we are heading back to Judea in order to stop any more diplomatic misunderstandings.”
Khaw & Keaa
Khaw & Keaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanadorika Sat May 28, 2022 1:39 am

Tandri Búasson
AIO - Ministry of Internal Security
Foreign Intelligence
Ninhundish Melanesia

"Here will do, thank you," I expressed my gratitude to the taxi driver in perfect Branderlandish, handing him a 20 Eporo bill for his troubles. "You can keep the change sir."

"Thank you for the tip Herr Fischer! Stay dry out there."

I opened up the taxicab door and popped my umbrella overhead, keeping me away from the heavy rain as I slid off the seat and stepped onto the curb. The sidewalk was slick with rain reflecting the surrounding buildings upon its surface as a rough concrete mirror. With each step my leather shoes splashed on the film of water, sending droplets every which way.

An instantaneous flash briefly turned the world white, followed by the rumbling growl of thunder that regenerated across the street posts. The weather was indeed perfect for the occasion, albeit typical of a summer storm in the tropics. I continued my path down the sidewalk, striding to the front entrance of the Weißes Nashorn, a fine dining establishment within the island's largest city and a favorite of a certain individual.

As I closed in upon the restaurant, I noticed that individual, arm in arm with his wife as they awaited for the valet to fetch their vehicle. The man, Andreas Krüger, was attired in a black overcoat, greatly contrasting with Mrs. Krüher's beautiful red dress. I made no eye contact with them as I approached, instead pulling out my cellphone and scrolling through my messages mindlessly.

I abruptly collided with Mr. Krüger, the both of us stumbling to the ground. In the midst of the fall I pulled my umbrella down over my face and guided it towards the man's leg, accidentally poking him with the rather sharp ferrule at the top.

"My absolute condolences sir, please forgive me I did not see you!" I apologized with haste, squeezing the handle of the umbrella before once again swinging the entire thing away from his leg back over my head.

Krüger stood up and brushed himself off, now exceedingly wet from the romp on the sidewalk. His wife was still aghast, processing the accident which had occurred before her.

"You fucking Einzeller!" He screamed, his face reddened in rage." Do you know who the hell I am? Watch where you're going! And what did you do to my leg? Your damn umbrella skewered me! Are you fucking blind?"

I know exactly who you are Andreas Krüger. I know when you were born, where you live, what you had for dinner… your fate is sealed

"Once again I am terribly sorry for this! Please, please, forgive me."

Krüger was not amused. "Hmph get out of my sight before I make you, goddamn clown."

"Of course of course, whatever you say sir, I'm gone."

With that unpleasantness over, I continued my stroll up the street, not bothering to even turn around. I meandered my way through intersections, crossing the street several times and changing directions until I came across a Douglandic coffeehouse. Folding my umbrella, I made my way inside and ordered a basic coffee, finding a seat at a booth aside from a window.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I reached for it and answered, placing the device to my ear. No  I heard an all too familiar voice greet me.

"The hit was a success. He's been terminated, alongside his dreams and ambitions for turning Melanesia into his private independent playground."

"Most excellent," I smirked, taking a sip of the warm coffee.

"Indeed, the cyanide you shot him up with from your umbrella did the trick. We'll wait for the media to report on his demise and questions to arise before we stage the MAA claim of responsibility for his murder. Anarchists killing an archcapitalist wouldn't be the most unusual thing to occur on this damn island."

I placed my coffee back on the table, enjoying the radiating sensation flowing down my throat as the drink warmed my core. "Yes. It seems the Reichstag isn't the only one who can play the blame game with the MAA."
Kanadorika
Kanadorika
Server Administrator
Server Administrator

https://etharia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down