Etharia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Break Their Chains And Those Who Forged Them

Go down

Break Their Chains And Those Who Forged Them Empty Break Their Chains And Those Who Forged Them

Post by Schwöbenland Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:48 am

A thread about the abolitionist movement who fought against slavery in Schwobenland.
Schwöbenland
Schwöbenland

Back to top Go down

Break Their Chains And Those Who Forged Them Empty Re: Break Their Chains And Those Who Forged Them

Post by Schwöbenland Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:31 am

Uberlandia - 1st December 1799 (Liberators - Group D - Freed Unguarded Slaves, more pacifist)

Darkness fell. The plan was ready. We left the building opposite the compound just as the Police patrol passed. We snuck across the cobble road, careful not to make any noise. The silence of the night was deafening. Moonlight fell upon each cobble in the street. We managed to reach the compound and ducked into cover just before the next police patrol came past. Relief washed over us. We didn't want to get caught before the plan even began to unfold. The hole in the fence we had cut earlier hadn't been patched. All 5 of us snuck through making no noise. We were in. I began to sneak toward the building while the others secured our escape plan along with our other plan. The slaves would have escaped before anyone could bat an eyelid. I reached the building and held the cold iron lock on the door and began to lock pick it. Eventually I felt a rewarding click and the padlock came free.

I pulled the door open, a soft creak came from the hinges. I walked into the room beyond the door. There was a room full of desks and paperwork. To the left side was a large not so hidden wooden trapdoor. I approached the trapdoor and lifted it. It was extremely heavy and took a lot of effort to lift it but I managed eventually. Once it was lifted I began my descent into a basement. Silence. Once I reached the bottom I saw a group of malnourished people chained the the wall they looked to me and began whispering "Help". I whispered back "I'm gonna get you all out of here". I then went back upstairs and began searching the desks for keys. After searching a few desks I found one with the keys in along with a ledger. The ledger was filled with the names of poor souls being bought and sold by this company.

I returned back to the basement and began unlocking the shackles of the people. They were extremely glad to be free. Once they were all freed I told them to meet my friends upstairs who would help them leave they curried quickly out of the basement to freedom. Once they had all exited the compound it was time for phase two. My friends helped the people escape and two of our group took them out of the city to somewhere safe while the rest of us stayed behind. It was time. We all took dynamite and fire bottles out of our pockets. The dynamite had a very distinct but nice smell as I held it in its vermillion casing in my hand. We double checked the compound to make sure no one was still inside and began to plant the dynamite. Once we had planted it all we stepped back away from the building and looked at each other for a split second as if to say "Here we go" before lighting the fire bottles and throwing them into the buildings. The bottles blazed through the air before landing in the building and smashing.

The building burst out exploding everywhere in a huge orange blaze. Splinters of the building flew everywhere. We started to hear the sound of police whistles over the sound of the fire that was popping and crackling in front of us. The smoke swirled up and collided with the sky. We needed to leave so we took off running in different directions. We would meet again later at the rendezvous.

Last edited by Schwöbenland on Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Schwöbenland
Schwöbenland

Back to top Go down

Break Their Chains And Those Who Forged Them Empty Re: Break Their Chains And Those Who Forged Them

Post by Schwöbenland Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:16 am

Uberlandia - 6th December 1799 (Liberators - Group A - more proficient with fighting, freed heavily guarded slaves)

Cold wind knived me as i stood atop a building looking down. Waiting. For the target to arrive. One of the biggest slavers in all of Schwöbenland, his life was going to come to an end tonight. Despite his huge security detail we have a plan to kill him and free the slaves he owns.

An explosion rang out through the night. The sound coming from behind the slavers compound. That was the signal and distraction, the slavers guards left him completely alone and vulnerable. I climbed down the side of the building, landing on the cobbled street in silence. The slaver was walking towards his compound so I decided that I was going to follow him inside.

Once the slaver had reached the door I was still hidden in a bush right next to the slaver and the guards were still distracted. The slaver was in range of an assassination. I lunged out of the bush and the slaver looked at me in pure terror right before I plunged the knife into his throat.

I took the keys from clutching hands of his body. And unlocked the door to the compound. I stepped inside and it turned out this entire room was just packed with slaves. I stuck me head out of the door and whistled loudly signalling that my friends could come and help the slaves escape and become free people. I meanwhile was going to handle the guards. Permanently.

I stepped out into the street where the guards were trying to stop the raging fire at the other end of the compound. It was another seperate building that had no one inside as to save innocent lives. I shouted at the guards and all of them turned. There were about 10 of them, one of my friends dropped down next to me from the rooftops.

I pulled out my swords and the guards pulled out theirs and began to approach us with caution. Naturally I charged at them and ran through the first one with my blade. Another stabbed at me but I blocked his sword and rewarded him with a stab through the throat. The other guards began retreating slowly and we let them. But we had to make sure they didn’t come back so I pulled out my guns and aimed them at the guards and shouted “leave” 7 of them dropped their weapons and turned and ram because after all a low wage job isn’t worth their life. One stayed and started approaching us so I put my guns away and walked up to him slowly. When he got close enough I stabbed him. Better to do it silently than attract more with guns.

At the front of the compound the rest of the group were helping the now free, ex slaves onto a wagon to be taken to a state where they will hopefully be able to live freely.
Schwöbenland
Schwöbenland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum