Etharia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Twenties

Go down

Bloody Twenties Empty Bloody Twenties

Post by Zhi Dynasty Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:47 pm

ELADISTAN

1924, Reign of King Lenondas. The past years have been difficult for the Kingdom, multiple economic disasters have wracked the nation, ripple effects from the Kanadorikan civil war have caused a slump in trade, exaccerbating the post Great War depression's effect on unemployment and foreign trade. While some of the costs have been offset by the controversial 'Unholy Trade', many still wait on the dole. This has led to a great many attempted coups, three moves by various estates to seize control of the government have been made in Octomber alone. The inexperienced, and hedonist King of Eladistan has become an easy target of ridicule and scapegoating by revolutionary and archconservative forces. The general strike of September had the tagline "Strike the Tyrant!" The latest coup would shock the Shah out of inaction....

King Lenondas was in his office with two of his concubines, Nyx and Roxan. He had prepared to hand over power to generalimo. But for the next few day he would still be in charge. After the second coup attempt he had his c96 carbine in 9mm mouser. One of his desks filled with ammo clips.

The capital compound was guarded by four hundred strong imperial guards, one hundred senatorial guards, one hundred and fifty auxiliaries and 400 Helotes, a ramshackle collection of schoolboys conscripted into service for the reigning government. Due to the poor state of the royal armoury, the Helotes were not fully equipped with modern rifles, and thus were forced to make do with second and third rate weapons.

Shahanshah Leonidas was in his office on enjoying his concubines when he heard gun fire. One of the Helotes burst threw the door shouting about how we were under attack. The Helotes was rather embarrassed to see the Shahanshah in this state. The enemy forces were attempting to storm the capital. Lead by a particularly zealous police captain, a conservative uprising this time, how novel. The Shah rose from his bed and took up arms with his guards to defend his position. He turned to his concubines before he followed the Helotes.

"Go grab my children and hide in the basement with civilian officials..."

"You should come with us your kids need a father..."
Nyx responded emotionally and directly, and he looked at her with a face of understanding. With his hands on her shoulders he told her to know her place and obey his command, for the safety of the the heirs.

There had been 3 failed coups already this month forces at the capital were streched thin they had already had to resort to conscriping Helotes. Now they had the grand Moabadan attacking them. Lenondis grabbed his gun and a sack full of ammo and when to help his men. The attackers had easily made it past the first wall, showing zealotry and brutality unconstrained. The government officials had been evacuated to the basement of the imperial palace. Lenondas led a personal squad of twelve, ten Heletos, two professional guards. Between the entire squad, they had five mauser carbines, two sarisa lmgs, and five leaver action pccs. Lenondis gaurd was fairly well armed compared to the rest of the Helots who were mainly armed with old revolvers.

The spearhead of the invading forces were able to pierce the second gate of the Palace in a swift and ruthless attack, and a force of around fifty men advanced on the King's position. The lmgs started firing bursts, killing several of the attackers. As the most determined, or lucky attackers pushed past the led wall, they were met by the King's wrath, personally killing three men with his dagger.

The helots, were not as effective. While not very accurate, they were still useful in supressing the enemy forces, pinning them down in killzones. One helot named Lenondis was hit while fetching more ammunition, and the Shahanshah rushed to help him. After personally dragging the young man to the safety of cover, the Shah attempted to assess his wounds, despite his lacking of medical training. The boy, no more than fifthteen, raised his hand to touch the King's, as a tear streaked down his face. He jerked his head in a desperate bow, while attempting to cover the bloody wound to his lower stomach.
"Your majesty, I die so that I may join Alexander in glory. My only regret is that I failed to see this treason repulsed, and my King defended."

"You have not failed me, you have served with distinction. I dedicate my future reign to your memory, Lenondas."
Watching the life fade from the boy's eyes, the King felt a rush of various emotions, with sadness overcoming them all. He was motivated to continue his struggle, so that he could keep his promise to the young boy who shared his very name. Though the battle would not last for much longer, after an hour of heavy fighting the battle was over. General Xerxes arrived in the capital with an entire division as reinforcements. Though the General would get the credit for the coup, the Shah would privately remember each and every hero of the Palace Battle, erecting a small shrine to their memory. The King was approached by his Court Chaplain, who had stayed with his concubines in the basement, as the two walked around the burning ruin of his Palace. The two men looked at the captured invaders, the looks of hate, weakness, spite and jealousy in their eyes repulsed the Shah, refusing to look further at their filth. He issued a vengeful, powerful command that would mark the start of a new era.

"Interrogte the officers kill the rest."
As the King turned around, a great salute was heard, and a wide array of muzzles flared, and a great, deafening blast penetrated the easrs.

Upon seeing the bodies of some the helots he burst out..
"I can't do this any more..."

He returned to his office. He called General Srxes to his office, where they would discuss the future. Xerxes was one of the few remaining loyalist generals, and would need to be rewarded or his continued service. Xerxes could clearly see the King's disheartenment, and tried to motivate him.
"Your great nation needs it's King."

"You are supported by all the vital estates of the nation. The Army, the Masses, the Lords."

"What are you saying, your majesty?"

"I'm saying you no longer need my rubber stampings. I as shahanshah am apointing you to the position of generalisimo. You will be the new head of state. Can I trust you to make things right...?"

"Are you sure about this decision, your majesty? Your great family has guided us for millenia."

"I am sure. You are the firm hand this nation needs to guide it through these times. I will remain sovereign, but you will handle matters of state, and will have the full authority to act in my name."

You can trust me, Your Majesty."
Zhi Dynasty
Zhi Dynasty
Administrator
Administrator

Jindou likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum